Many new computers and laptops have a single audio jack that accommodates either headphones or microphones. If you are using a PCP-1 Mic Port Stethoscope and a headset with a 3.5 mm stereo connector, you will need separate ports into which the stethoscope (microphone) and the headset can be plugged.
This specialized cable separates incoming and outgoing audio so that the headset and stethoscope can be used at the same time and allow for local listening by the physician, nurse or tech. Even if not using a headset, the stethoscope will still need to be plugged into the microphone port on the splitter when using a laptop or PC with the single universal audio port.
- Turns a 3.5mm combo headphone/microphone port into two distinct ports – one 3.5mm headphone jack and one 3.5mm microphone port
- Allows the use of older audio accessories with newer computers
- Compact design for maximum portability - a great solution to have on hand in your laptop bag
- Lightweight, yet sturdy design that can easily be plugged in when required
- Headset not included
- Not the same as an audio splitter which allows use of two headsets or speakers